Welcome to Ecumenical Youth - the Danish Student Christian Movement!
Why we are:
* Ecumenical Youth will work to realize Gods Kingdom on earth
* Ecumenical Youth wants to be a couragous and caring community with room for diversity and with time and space for reflektion.
* In Ecumenical Youth the prayer, the debate and the encounter is front and center.
What we are:
* We are an umbrella organisation consisting of many different christian youth groups
* We provide economical and knowledge support to our member groups in order to facilitate experimental church life among christian youth
* We facilitate networking possibilities between member groups
* We support a renewal of ecclesiastical understanding crossing traditional denominational lines
* We are the ecumenical and church experimental youth voice in Denmark
* We publish our member magazine "I Fiskens Tegn"
* We are members of the World Student Christian Federation (WSCF) and the Ecumenical Youth Council of Europe (EYCE).
* We are members of the National Council of Churches in Denmark and the Common Council of Danish Youth
Examples of member groups:
Bounce - a modern dancing group of pentecostal background, the Student Congregation of Århus University - primarily lutheran, IKON - an ecumenical group working with inter-religious dialogue, Vinyard Copenhagen - an independent church within the charismatic tradition, the Brorson Church a Copenhagen lutheran parish church for children and young people, the International Church of Copenhagen - an ecumenical English speaking church for exchange students, foreign citizens and Danes attracted by the multi-culturalism of the congregation, and many many more christian youth groups of either traditional student congregation or experimental networking type.
As a part of the SMYC network (Sunday Meetings for Young Christians) the Student Congregation in Århus invites non-Danish speaking students to a Christian fellowship with other students. Please read more following this link.
Who we are:
CHAIR OF ECUMENICAL YOUTH
Representative to the World Student Christian Federation (WSCF)
|Sidst opdateret ( onsdag 11. april 2012 )|
"I Økumenisk Ungdom bliver jeg udfordret til at snakke om kristendom og tro med andre unge som kommer fra andre baggrunde og med andre holdninger end mine egne. I Økumenisk Ungdom er jeg en del af et fællesskab med andre unge kristne over hele verden, og lige her hvor jeg bor."
Karen Frendø-Sørensen, Styrelsesmedlem i Økumenisk Ungdom.